We discourage clients from driving themselves up for admission, due to limited parking space. Please find a safe ride up. Our admission specialists will meet with family/friends to go over rules for telephone calls and visitation.
All admissions are scheduled and by appointment only. Please arrive at your scheduled appointment time as that is when staff are available to do your admission. If you find that you are running late please call before you are out of cell phone range:
Highway 34 will be closed from October 17, 2016 until Memorial Day 2017. You will need to take either Highway 36 or Highway 7 from Lyons to Estes Park.
- Hwy 36- Limited cell service between Boulder and Lyons, no phone service from Lyons to Estes Park.
- Hwy 7- No phone service between Lyons and Estes Park.
- Hwy 34-No phone service between Loveland and Estes Park.
- Trail Ridge Road (seasonal) Open from approximately Memorial Day through Labor Day- No phone service in Rocky Mountain National Park between Grand Lake and Estes Park.
(We are approximately 2 hours from Denver, Cheyenne, and Laramie; and at least 1 to 1.5 hours from Fort Collins/Loveland, Greeley, or Boulder/Longmont)
From the stoplight at the intersection of Highways 34 and 36 (McDonalds on corner):
- Travel west 3.4 miles on the Hwy 34 Bypass (street name is W. Wonderview Ave. and turns into Fall River Rd.).
- You will pass Safeway and The Stanley Hotel on your right. Approximately 3.4 miles past the intersection you will see signs for “Museum: and “Cemetery;” make an immediate left onto Fish Hatchery Rd. (sign is hidden behind a big tree).
- The United Methodist Church will be on your right.
- Travel ¾ mile. On your left you will see the main entrance for Harmony. Turn in here.
- Turn in to the first building on the right. “Howie Madigan Admissions & Health Center”
Please park and bring your luggage into the admission building.