Maximum of one medium suitcase. Please be aware that space is limited. Do not over pack!
Items To Bring
- Bring all medications you are currently taking in the labeled bottle from the pharmacy (no samples). Do not refill any of your medications. Your medications will be held in the Health Center and will be dispensed by our nursing staff.
- Bring all insurance cards, including medical, prescription, and dental cards. The cost of medications is not included in the cost of the program.
- Blank check and/or credit card.
- One-week’s worth of comfortable clothing. For example: jacket, exercise clothing, 7 shirts, 7 pairs of underwear, 7 pairs of socks, 3 pairs of pants, 1 pair of pajamas, 1 sweatshirt, 1 raincoat, and 1 pair of slippers or flip-flops. Be prepared for any and all types of weather. Depending on the season, a warm jacket, hat, gloves/shorts (knee length), or boots may be needed.
- Closed toe shoes: Tennis shoes, boots, etc.
- Personal care items: toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, and alcohol-free mouthwash. You may bring pump hair spray only if alcohol is not one of the first three ingredients.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Spending money ($25–$30).
- Tobacco users: Bring one month’s supply and disposable lighters. Tobacco products must be sealed/unopened. You will be unable to purchase more cigarettes or chewing tobacco during your stay.
- Heating pad (if you typically use one).
- One or two photos of loved ones.
- Favorite pillow.
- Gum is fine if sealed/unopened.
- Book bag (or you may purchase one at Harmony).
Items Not To Bring
- NO over-the-counter medications, vitamins. herbal/dietary supplements, or protein powders.
- NO weapons of any kind.
- NO electronics: cell phones, laptop computers, cameras, hand-held electronics, (e.g., iPod, Walkman, MP3 player, Blackberry, Kindle/Nook, iPad).
- NO reading material, with the exception of religious texts (e.g., Bible, Torah/Tanakh, Qur’an).
- NO candy, mints, soda, coffee drinks, drink mixes, or food of any kind (unopened/sealed gum is acceptable).
- NO musical instruments, CD players, cassettes, or headphones.
- NO perfume, cologne, aftershave, butane, lighter fluid, hair dye, or bath salts.
- NO hairspray or aerosols (pump hair spray is allowed only if alcohol is not one of the first three ingredients).
- NO hand sanitizer or mouthwash containing alcohol.
- NO tank tops (except in fitness center) or revealing clothing.
- NO clothing with foul language or substance-related wording or logos.
- NO tobacco rolling papers.
- NO electronic cigarettes. Electronic cigarettes brought on campus may be destroyed.
- NO exercise or athletic equipment.
- NO games or playing cards.
- NO nail polish, polish remover, or artificial nail related products.
- NO electric hair clippers or beard trimmers.
This is a peer driven program and we want clients to interact instead of isolating themselves.
While at Harmony, you will be under the care of our medical director (an M.D.).
Please make a list of all names and phone numbers from your cell phone, as you will not be able to keep your phone while in treatment.
Harmony Foundation, Inc., will not be held liable for the condition and/or security of any non-approved items. All items brought in that are not allowed will be sent home with family members at the time of admission.