- This event has passed.
CCAR Recovery Coach July 2023
The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© is a 30 CEU 4-day intensive training academy focusing on providing individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor, and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© prepares participants by helping them to actively listen, ask really good questions, and discover and manage their own stuff.
• Describe the Recovery Coach’s role and functions
• List the components, core values, and guiding principles of recovery • Build skills to enhance relationships
• Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
• Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing your story
• Understand the stages of recovery
• Describe the stages of change and their applications
• Increase their awareness of culture, power, and privilege
• Address ethical and boundaries issues
• Experience recovery wellness planning
• Practice newly acquired skills
Who can be a recovery coach?
• Credentialed addiction professionals
• Treatment center support staff, volunteers, and alumni
• Staff from behavioral health and government agencies
• Representative from inpatient and outpatient centers and sober living homes
• Individuals, family members, and advocates of recovery
RegisterJuly 6th-9th // 9:00 am–4:00 pm