- This event has passed.
Recovery Coach Academy
This program is for anyone interested in promoting recovery by serving as a personal guide, mentor and resource for people seeking or already in recovery.
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List components, core values, and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase awareness of culture, power, and privilege
- Address ethical and boundary issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
WHO CAN BE A RECOVERY COACH?
- Credentialed addiction professionals
- Treatment center support staff, volunteers and alumni
- Staff from behavioral health and government agencies
- Representative from inpatient and outpatient centers and sober living homes
- Individuals, family members and advocates of recovery
The program will be led by Lorie Obernauer. Lorie is a certified Life and Career Coach, working exclusively with people who are in recovery from addiction. Lorie comes to her calling in part, because she is in long-term recovery from addiction and has tackled the challenges that are part of the recovery process.
In her coaching practice, she uses a solution-focused approach based upon the principles of Positive Psychology to help clients create a satisfying, productive life while advancing their recovery from addiction.
Lorie has several advanced coach certifications through programs endorsed by the International Coaching Federation. She is also a certified trainer for the CCAR Peer Recovery Coach Program.
WHEN January 10 -12 & 17-19, 2019 9:00 am–4:00 pm
WHERE 4800 Baseline Road B-102, Boulder CO (Located in Meadows Shopping Center)
SPACE IS LIMITED, RESERVE YOUR SEAT TODAY.